Monday, May 14, 2007

Narrow Minded


Anyone up for a hike through the Zion Narrows? The probable date would be Tuesday June 12, 2007 or Saturday June 23, 2007. Of course Baby Bryce will have to be home already and about a week old for me to go. June is listed as one of the best months to go.

The hike is 16 miles of river hiking/ wading/ swimming through a deep narrow breathtaking canyon. It is ranked #5 on National Geographic's Top 100 American Adventures (the road trip with the family through Southern Utah last summer is ranked #41 and climbing Mt. McKinley in Alaska is only ranked #13). So leave your comments and let me know if you are interested.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I think I'll pass on the hike. I have other activities planned for June. Have fun though!

Kristen said...

P.S. Having a baby is ranked #1 on Maternal Instinct's Top 100 Life Changing Adventures. So there.

Tylershark said...

I hike to fill the void created by my not being able to bear my own children.

Jennifer B. said...

Sorry, I have to pass. Hope you have fun though!

KC, Good luck with that life changing adventure. I have it on good authority that there is nothing else like it!

Clark said...

Well, for the first time in my life I strained a muscle running because I didn't stretch beforehand. It was a quick sprint to first base in my intramural softball game. If less than 100 feet can do that kind of damage, I wonder what 17 miles can do..., but I am not afraid. I say bring it on Narrows, show me what you got. I'll be ready. Training starts June 22.