The new (to me) truck needed a new windshield. It was replaced on Friday, but to my dismay the molding looked stretched, uneven, and off-centered. I had recently spent an entire day detailing the vehicle, so needless to say these imperfections bothered me. However, to a person less detail-oriented than I, these imperfections may have been missed.
I called the glass company on Saturday to see what they could do. They told me their installers were off on the weekends and wouldn't be able to look at the car until Tuesday. For the next four days I rehearsed how I would describe my displeasure and how I would convince them the molding was imperfect and needed to be replaced.
Well, Tuesday came, but they were running late. Finally, an installer called me and said that he wouldn't be able to come out. However, he did volunteer that the windshield molding they put in last Friday was in fact a Camry molding because no one in town had a Tacoma molding. A Tacoma molding would be available on Thursday and they could replace it then. Say what?
They knew all along that they had messed up. They didn't say anything the day I picked it up. They didn't say anything the day I called to complain. They didn't say anything when I called on Tuesday to see what time they would be by. It wasn't until the installer was running late and couldn't get to my house before anyone said anything.
I could be upset with their deceit. Actually, I am just relieved that those imperfections were not just misperceptions of an obsessed mind. I am just glad it will be made right tomorrow.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I loved your comment - Tyler 2, Business 0. That is, until you found you overpaid for postage. I know, lemon juice in a paper cut. Sorry, but you have made me smile.
DMom
I wonder how offended that truck would be if it knew someone had mistaken it for a sedan.
Shivers...
Post a Comment