..Kristen and I have had the same bed for over twelve years. We have inserted plywood between the box springs and the mattress and have placed egg crate on top of the mattress. We have done all we can to make the bed last, but it is time for a new bed.
.
This past week, our local furniture store was having a sale. We purchased a very nice mattress and, because there was a sale, we also purchased a beautiful headboard and bed frame. It was delivered yesterday and the whole ensemble looks fit for a king.
.
I awoke this morning well-rested and refreshed. My dreams had been rich and optimistic. My body was relaxed. I couldn't figure out why I hadn't got the bed sooner. Then I turned over and noticed something was missing... my wife!
.
In the middle of the night, while I was having the best sleep of my life, Kristen's body had gone numb. She tossed and turned until the spasms in her lower back caused her to sleep in the guest bed.
.
So it turns out Kristen and I have different "sleep numbers." Any suggestions?
.
.
5 comments:
So nice to have a new bed, too bad it's not working out for both of you! Have you seen those beds that use air and each person has a sleeping number that you can set their side of the bed to, depending on what you like you can increase and decrease the amount of firmness on each side. Maybe you should check out one of those, or maybe have two beds in one room!!
It wasn't the bed so much as a silly little pea stuck under the mattress. I swear it kept me up all night!
Oh NOOOOO!
I hope it works out.
This is really sad news. Has Kristen been able to sleep on it since?
p.s. I love your comment shark, so here's a little snack.
SEE YOU SOON!
Post a Comment