Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Observation Point

Carter and me at Observation Point in Zion National Park.
.
We had originally planned a hike to the Subway, but rain clouds made that trip unwise.
.
So instead, we hiked 8 miles and gained over 2000 feet to get a view from above the valley.
.
Here's the crew that made the trip.
.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Look at you being so outdoorsy. Aren't you supposed to be working or something?

Jennifer B. said...

Carter's getting tall!

Glad you had fun in spite of your change of plans. I guess flash flooding is probably not the adventure you were looking for.

Gina said...

That looks awesome! I love the Subway hike so you will have to get back there!

Womb Nanny said...

That is awesome, I wish I could go hiking. My two toddlers just don't appreciate 8 mile hikes.

Zack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zack said...

That looks like a ton of fun. I love the S. Utah Nat'l parks. We just took our Teachers' Quorum on their high adventure to Alice Lake here in Utah ... the whole time I was up there I was thinking how much you'd probably like it...

http://picasaweb.google.com/zleister/2008AmityWardTeachersQuorumHighAdventureAliceLakeID