Monday, July 13, 2009

Youth Conference

I spent this past week at youth conference.
.
We went to Salt Lake City and stayed at the U of U.
.
We spent some time at Temple Square.
.
We toured the Conference Center.
.
We watched the Joseph Smith movie at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
.
We had lunch on the grounds.
.
We had great devotionals during the week with topics taken from the For the Strength of Youth pamphlet given by me and the youth leaders.
.
We had a devotional with a member of the seventy and he gave us a short tour under Temple Square and around the Relief Society/Young Women building.
.
The kids were gems. They treated everyone with respect and they kept the rules.
.
We had a dinner and dance at Heritage Park. The kids are a lot of fun to party with. We also had an incredible time at Raging Waters the next day.
.
Some of them talked me into doing a backflip on the grass. I did one partial, one success, one faceplant, and then one more success. Here is a picture of the scratch on my nose after the faceplant. I'm always up for a good dare.
.
On the last day we attended the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house before heading home. We had a great conference. The youth in our ward are some of the best I've ever seen. If I'm not with my own family, there is no one else I'd rather spend time with.
.

7 comments:

DMom said...

You are one rapid-fire blogger. You certainly put my blog frequency to shame. Congrats on a successful Youth Conference.

Bethany said...

What a great trip! I'm impressed with your back flips, and very appreciative of you guys putting us up again.

Abram said...

I know I really appreciated Bishops who spent time with us and valued me as a youth. I know you're making a difference in their lives.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a terrific conference. What a privilege it is io work with the youth of the church. Hats off to you and your youth leaders. mom p.s. I hate to see a scratch on that handsome face of yours.

Jennifer B. said...

Sounds like a terrific trip! Any chance you have video of those two successes? I'd like to see that!

Papa said...

Tyler, you have worked so hard this summer to be with your youth and to provide such quality activities. In years to come they will remember your efforts for them with thanksgiving and appreciation in their hearts. The Lord must be pleased with your efforts to magnify your responsibilities. I am. Love, Dad

Michelle S. said...

You are a great Bishop!