Monday, June 29, 2009

Girls Camp

I went to Girls Camp this past week. Here is most of the group. We have a great bunch of girls and leaders.
.
We had intermittent rain which kept everything moist.
.
Here we are prepping for the 4th annual marshmallow gun battle.
.
We play between the trees.
.
The 152nd Marshmallow Infantry Battalion.
.
The war zone.
.
Tying blankets to earn the service charm for our camp charm necklaces.
.
This flower was just sitting in camp.
.
This game of Uno was filled with trash talking. In order to win games of skill like Uno, you have to get inside your competitors' heads. I use the same technique for Candy Land.
.
Weeds are so pretty when not in my yard.
.
Here I am losing the Bishop's slingshot challenge.
.
These are the camp's surroundings.
.
.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

ok, Seriously...do you still "doctor"? You have clearly been on vacation for three weeks straight!

Clint C. said...

Tyler are certaintly secure in your manliness: scrapbooking, quilt tying...But I'm sure those were proper scout-worthy square knots! You look like a really fun bishop.

Papa said...

The kids in your ward have a great example as their leader. The Lord loves a good and dedicated Bishop. So do we.
Love, Dad

Jennifer B. said...

Fantastic photos! The marshmallow gun fight sounds so fun. Will you wear your charm on Sunday? Just wondering. . .

Anonymous said...

Now that is a great girls camp! However guns, slingshots.. we need to talk. mom

Sarah said...

Wow - you've had 3 fun weekends of camp! It looks like you have a great youth program in your ward. I still can't believe that you're the bishop - you just look too young and too fun. :-) Although, I'm sure there are plenty of not-fun times too.

Kamille said...

I may need to learn how to make marshmallow guns. That could become an awesome family reunion game. And, trash-talk is a must when you are playing such intensly competitive games. I do it with Cootie.

Carrie Stuart said...

Off topic...Tyler---you are SO close...just dig deeper on number one...my family loves it, I hate it. Good luck!

DMom said...

What great memories! There is nothing quite like girls camp - except scout camp, varsity high adventure camp, youth conference, ...