Dear Coleman:
I am an avid camper and a lifelong consumer of Coleman products. One product I have particularly enjoyed is your Peak 1 Xpert backpacking stove. It is lightweight and easy to use. Normally, one of your other products, Powermax High Performance Fuel, is equally effective. However, one canister this weekend nearly got me mauled by Smokey the Bear.
I connected the fuel canister in usual fashion to the stove. Upon lighting the stove, however, flames quickly surrounded the canister. You ain't kidding when you say "high performance." The flames were impressively difficult to extinguish, especially with the limited resources found in the back country. I was amazed at how fast the plastic on the control knob came to a rolling boil. We quickly cleared the area after our attempts to smother the stove failed. Just about the time I grabbed my camera to document the fireworks, the canister exploded sending an echoing boom 9 miles back to the ranger station.
I was wondering if it would be possible to get a new stove to replace the one melted by your fuel canister, or, if that is not possible, at least get a coupon for a new canister. By the way, thank you for making a canister that explodes in one piece rather than one that sends shrapnel in every direction.
Sincerely,
Tylershark
P.S. The explosion was a big hit with the scouts. Thanks for helping me score "cool" points.
2 comments:
Oh my.
Now THAT'S a trip to remember. Glad everyone is okay. (Please accept my condolonces regarding your stove. So sad.)
My inner 14 year old is VERY bummed to have missed that explosion.
Shoot, my inner 34 year old is bummed to have missed that
:D
Post a Comment