No, this isn't the USC yearbook. This is bulls and blood, dust and mud, and the roar of the crowd. It's the white in the knuckles and the gold in the buckle. It's boots and chaps and cowboy hats. It's spurs, latigo, the ropes, the reins, the joy, and the pain. And they call the thing rodeo.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Yahooooo!
Or maybe that should be, "Yeehaaaaw!"
Do you have the boots yet? Your kids look great! I appreciate the Garth Brooks nod, I didn't know you were a fan
I can see myself getting a real cool cowboy hat, but the boots don't seem practical. Chelsea has had two pairs and loved them both. I just don't know where I would wear them and with what. Of course there is the song about nothing but cowboy boots.
Thanks for that mental image, bro.
Spencer was so excited to tell me about the rodeo. He liked the horses that jumped and danced. Chelsea wondered what would happen if they couldn't get off the tight strap that makes them buck. Everyone loved the clowns. What a fun night. Hopefully we will go next year.
Looks like so much fun, I could totally picture you out there as the rodeo clown! I like Carter's hat!
You are definately not in California anymore
Where to wear them? and with what? Well, Ike picked up a pair in Tucson and he wears them to church. I think that is also where Clint wears boots. The President of the United States wears them with a tuxedo at State Dinners and the such. The real question is...What can't you wear with boots?
Post a Comment