
I have a pretty good job. The one problem is, I have to come into work everyday. I would prefer to make money without working. I hear stories of entrepreneurs who generate generous incomes while sleeping. That sounds great to me.
I have begun formulating businesses ideas. I am looking for something that might thrive in this community. We have no ice skating rink, no water park, and no amusement park. The problem is, these ideas are very expensive and risky ventures.
I have thought that perhaps a franchise of some sort might be less risky. So I began looking at franchises which are lacking here. We already have the mundane (McDonald's, Burger King, Subway, Del Taco). I thought, what do I wish this town had which it doesn't already have? Then it came to me... Tommy's Hamburgers, See's Candy, In 'N' Out, Cheesecake Factory, or Trader Joe's. Unfortunately each and every one of them is corporate or family owned and operated. That is probably why they are so successful.
The one franchise we don't have is El Pollo Loco. All you need is a net worth of 1.5 million, $750,000 in liquid funds, and the desire to open three stores in the next four years. All I am missing is another 1.45 million dollars and I'm in business. Of course if I had that, I wouldn't feel such a need to start a business.
So anyone got any good ideas?
10 comments:
Here in Prescott I miss Jamba Juice and Baja Fresh...we have In N Out, getting our Trader's Joe next Spring...ah, small town livin'
In 'N' Out and Trader Joe's? It looks like I picked the wrong small town to live in.
By the way, Prescott is listed in US News & World Report this week as one of the top 10 retirement locations. St. George used to be on that list. We are so 2005. I should get with the times.
Hhhmmm....In-n-Out, Tommy's Burgers... What was the question?
Oh, yeah. Does St. George have a Curves? It's a very low-skill low effort franchise. Food production is sooo labor intensive and messy! Curves is very popular among the older women, which there are a lot of there. It wouldn't really appeal to the actually fit people that St. George also has a lot of.
Jon wants to know if you want to go in on his new hair gel idea!!
I need to ammend my comment. As for curve goers--I meant that it doesn't appeal to SUPER fit people--lit the 20-year marathoners. It just shows my dislike for lifting weights--they're heavy and they make you sore!
Tyler, you will never make money while you sleep - because you never do!
Cold Stone Creamery. Yummy.
I second the Curves idea.
Also, I think it would be a good idea to go to your prefrences and turn on your RSS feed, 'cause then I wouldn't be so late to the party.
Thanks man!
Ok Tyler, heres what we do. Since you're close to Vegas anyways you take me, Clark, Mike, Jim, Andrew, Riley, Papa, George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Matt Damon and we all go to Vegas. Then we hope we get lucky at the slots. The odds are on our side, I mean thats eleven people! If we strike it big we could call it Tyler's 11. Then, again if we're lucky, you will have the cash to fund your franchising plan. I want in on the Tommy's idea. I'll invest my winnings.
-Abram
We have Cold Stone in town and Curves also. Entrepreneur.com's list of top franchises ranks Dunkin' Donuts #2 and 7-Eleven #4 both of which are absent here in town. I could be the Apu of Southern Utah. I do miss slurpees.
Or... I could take all my cash to the roulette table in Mesquite and put it on black.
Post a Comment