Friday, January 23, 2009

Mario Kart Wii Update

I've been working nights this week. Therefore, I have been home during the day with Spencer and Bryce who follow me like magnets. There are only a handful of activities that are enjoyable for children and adults alike. One of those is the Wii. This week Spencer and I (and Carter when he was home) have unlocked every cart, bike, and character on Mario Kart. I'm not normally an advocate for video games, however, it was satisfying to set a goal and to accomplish it with my sons. Maybe next time we'll do something that benefits mankind.
.

13 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

Reminds me of playing Asteroids with you, reaching 100,000 and then ecstatically witnessing the score rollover.

Yep, I still remember. Must have been a bonding moment.

Clint C. said...

A family that Wiis together stays together. Ooh...that doesn't sound so good.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a Mii for each Nelson? If so, email me your Wii address (16 digit number found in the Wii Message center address book) and I'll send our Mii's to visit St George. They're bored with TN.

Kamille said...

Way to accomplish something. My goal with my children is to have no one die. Or be killed.

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

Funky Kong on a bike is the best. The York's can take on the Nelsons or Cresap's anytime. I will send our Wii Address.

Gina and Jon said...

Does life get any better!

Tylershark said...

Chris & Clint - FHE challenge tomorrow?

Jessica said...

See, Ike misses everything fun because he never checks the blogs.

Chris said...

FHE Challenge sounds good to me.

Anonymous said...

"I'm using my mii!" "Go red team!" So, I have a serious question for you... the last race we had... when I came back and one the last two races... and we had the same point total... did it say on your screen that you were number one or number two. Mine said I was number one. I have to agree with mine.
-Clark

Tylershark said...

I had the same question. Mine said that I won. However, I believe when you tie on the same console, the player who won last is listed first.

Womb Nanny said...

Scriptures and Wii...what a combo for a blog.