Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Spencer!

Spencer turned 5 this week.
.
In the morning we got his new bike, helmet, and pads.
.
Kristen and Bryce came out to watch Spencer try out the bike.
.
How does he look?
.
This look means you got the correct gift.
.
Spencer has wanted this Batman Batcave for several months now. Kristen and I are usually very careful about buying hunks of plastic (action figures, doll houses, big guns, etc.) as they are often not played with after a few short days or even minutes. We usually prefer sporting equipment, books, art supplies, etc. Well, we got off our high horse for Spencer and he has already spent several hours playing with this thing. We did good. Actually I think it's kind of cool too.
.

6 comments:

DMom said...

You did do good and I think it was cool also - but I like the inane and frivolous; it's kind of the junk food of toys.

Jennifer B. said...

Glad he had a good day!

Zack said...

That Bat Cave is a HUGE hit at our house as well and it has stood the test of time (in Toy terms, anyway). Owen loves that thing and it's all any of the friends that come over want to play with as well.

Sarah said...

I love kid birthdays!

Anonymous said...

Good choice. Plastic that allows creative play can be a good investmant and also provide a sweet trip down memory lane later. Just think of the many discoveries in the attic and toy room. mom

Camari said...

Happy Birthday, Spencer! Enjoy the 'bat cave' while you have it, 'cause your parents might get you bed sheets for your next b-day and think that will make you the happiest kid in the world!