Thursday, May 21, 2009

Subway

"The Subway"
.
Carter and I went with some friends to Zion National Park.
.
We're just above the slot canyon where the subway is found.
.
The initial descent.
.
I don't remember these trees from last time. They serve a reminder of what the flash floods push through the canyon.
.
You have to swim several times to get out of the canyon. Don't let Carter's smile fool you. That water is really cold.
.
Just beautiful.
.
Here we are in the subway portion of the hike.
.
The rest of the hike out is more laborious, but Cater made the most of it.
.
Splashdown.
.

4 comments:

Papa said...

Great photos. Way to go Carter. You are awsome and so is your dad. Love Grandpa Nelson

DMom said...

I agree!

Bethany said...

Awesome! One more reason to wish we lived in St. George.

Sarah said...

Great pictures. I really want to do that hike.