.
The fall colors were visible on the mountain, there was a mild breeze, the stands were packed...
.
... and the family just kept thinking, Seven Peaks last month was way better than this.
.
This photo captures the moment. Four small children crammed on a bleacher without anyone having had their daily nap.
.
.
.
.
11 comments:
I'm so jealous, I wish I had been there, of course BYU rocks the year we move away!
It sounded so promising. . .
Your opening description brought back a flood of happy memories!
This is not an "I told you so," comment.
However...
When Tyler asked me if I thought it would be fun to go to a BYU football game I politely said, "Uhm..."
You see, for Bryce, a mid-day football game is the equivalent of four hours of really hot church. Add to that the general disinterest of Chelsea and Spencer in football as a whole; stadium overcrowding; unnecessarily salty food; too much Powerade, and a misjudgment on the weather: "Wear warm clothes, it's supposed to rain! Just kidding, it's 92 degrees!"
At some point after halftime Spencer went pale and declared he was going to throw up. We packed up, hauled everyone out, and sat on the grass while Tyler ran to get the car. By the time he pulled up, Spencer felt fine.
Life with kids is always such an adventure.
In his defense, Bryce didn't cry at all. He sat on my lap the whole time quietly eating teriyaki chicken and rice. He even bounced to the music everytime BYU scored.
I'm with the kids, I'd much rather have gone to seven peaks too, however, I am proud of BYU for at least putting forth the effort to FINALLY win!!
There are a lot of things that sound better in theory when you are inviting kids.
Always one-upping me, Tyler... I only took 3 kids to the game :D.
Wish I'd known you were there ... we were in section 8 (right close to you, 10 yd line in the NW section of the stadium)
Did any of your kids NOT APPRECIATE the cannon fire like my youngest? I will never forget the look of fear/scorn in his eyes :D.
Z
Zack, it's unfortunate we didn't meet up. We'll have to go a game sometime. We could even get a sitter for the kids so they can be kept in a shady cannon-free environment.
This is why I attended only one game as a co-ed. Way more time than I could afford at that time of my life. Although I really enjoyed it when I was 10 or 11. I bet Carter liked it.
What I'm impressed with is that picture of four children all sitting still. I don't think I've ever experienced that.
Post a Comment